Monday, August 27, 2012

Rekka no Ken

What's Rekka no Ken? Why it's none other than Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword!

Although it was the first Fire Emblem game to hit American shelves in 2003, I just recently picked it up and and started to play. I'll have to admit, I was a little frightened that I might be wasting my time with such an old Gameboy Advanced Fire Emblem game, especially since The Sacred Stones (2005) was sorta kinda a bore to me. However, this prequel to Fuin no Tsurugi (Sword of Seals) (Japan only) has a pretty intriguing story line so far, as well as engaging characters — things we all LOVE to see in our gaming.

The 3 main characters of Blazing Sword. Hector, Lyndis, and the red-headed guy is Roy's father, Eliwood. See the family resemblance? haha 

Now I'm only about 16 chapters in, and 30+ chapters make this game already longer than both The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, but thank God it's not longer than that monster Radiant Dawn (40+ yikes!).

To the skies!


No comments:

Post a Comment